- “Who are you?” is a question. “Who you are” is a ……
Flash card review. Mook tries first, and if not it goes to Kee. The one with most cards at the end wins.
Pronunciation: -ed endings
When the last sound is /t/ or /d/, + extra syllable.
Romeo + Juliet
How does Juliet feel when she finds out that Romeo has killed Tybalt?
pg58 q27, 29
Scene 3: ✓1:12 -> 1:15:25 (Nurse, Friar, Romeo)
The generation gap in attitudes. What do Roemo and the Friar think of Romeo’s punishment? Who do you agree with?
Scene 4: ✓ ->1:16:25 (Juliet alone in bedroom, Lord & Lady Capulet with Paris)
Breaking the rules. What would happen if Juliet told her parents that she has married Romeo?
Scene 5: ✗ 1:18:53 onwards. But watch 1:21:14 -> 1:26:38, Juliet’s family.
Writing: Banishment. How would you feel if you were banished from Bangkok?
Romantic language. Pick out the most romantic sentences in Romeo and Juliet’s fareweel scene, pages 33-34.
Guess. How might the Friar help Juliet?
- Mindfulness: Chin up
- PTV: sit tall, chin, breathe in/out
Mexicans: When finished, hide. Reconstruct from memory.
- projector is essential, audio is nice
- Time: 20 minutes
- Level: Intermediate+
I have a puzzle for you. Dictate and discuss:
A woman stands in the middle of a court. She can’t believe what is happening. She has her hand over her mouth. She is speechless. What is going on?
What are all the different meanings of ‘court’ you can think of? e.g.:
- A court (of law)
- To take someone to court
- A royal court
- A basketball/badminton/tennis/squash/volleyball court
- Football/rugby/hockey pitch
- Ski slope
Show a still from the video. Ss can reconsider their answer.
Explain: it’s half time. The key is, who else is on the court. Who could it be?
- basketball players / referees / cheerleaders / mascots / unruly spectators
It’s her boyfriend. Can you guess what he’s doing?
- Who thinks the woman will say ‘yes’?
- Who thinks the woman will say ‘no’?
- Who wants the woman to say ‘yes’?
- Who wants the woman to say ‘no’?
- Is it a good idea for a man to propose in this way? Why or why not?
- Who do you feel more sorry for – the woman or the man? Why?
- Make flashcards from today’s vocabulary
- Why did the chicken cross the road?
- 2 truths and a lie
- 2 words in 1