- Review Questions
- Unit 1 Quiz
- On Tour
- Personal Picture
- Excursion Planning
- Review Questions for next class: Kaimook, Film
- Homework: pg 71 Vocabulary (standards of performance)
- Leave class by 4pm please.
adjective US UK /dɪˈstɪŋɡwɪʃt/
B2 famous, praised, or admired:
- Finished period of time: past simple
- Unfinished period of time: present perfect
Review Questions for Week 6
Review Questions for Week 6By Kaimook, Film
1.Humphrey Burton is one of Britain’s most distinguished television directors.
1.1 What part of speech is the word ‘distinguished’?
1.2 What does ‘distinguished’ mean?
2. What does ‘heart’ in the context “in the heart of St.Petersburg” mean?
3.Which continents are Libya, Ecuador and Russia in?
4. Which tourism professionals will you employ on your tour to Amazon jungle?
5. What is the difference between ‘Past Simple Tense’ and ‘Present Perfect Tense’?
6.What if you have an opportunity to work in Thailand's tourism industry.
6.1 Where would you like to work?
6.2 Which job would you like to do and why?
1.1 The word ‘distinguished’ is an adjective.
1.2 Distinguished means very successful, authoritative, and commanding great respect. Synonym: famous, eminent, famed, renowned, prominent, well know (Retrieved from https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/distinguished)
2. ‘Heart’ means city centre.
3. Libya is in South Africa.
Ecuador is in South America.
Russia is in Asia and Europe.
I will employ local guide, interpreter, local driver, and biologist on my tour.
(interpreter (n.) is a person who interprets, especially one who translates speech orally or into sign language. - Retrieved from https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/interpreter.)
5. We use past simple tense ‘to express actions happening in a finished period of time’, while we use present perfect tense ‘to express actions happening in an unfinished period of time’.
6.1 I would like to work on Phi Phi Don island in Krabi.
6.2 I would like to be a guide because this job is challenging and fascinating at the same time. Since I have to deal with different people each and every day, it gives me a chance to meet new friends from around the world and to improve my working skills.