- Review Questions
- Review Questions for next class
- Survey Results
- Exam time change: Monday 3rd at 9am
- Front Office Duties
- Problems in Hotels
- Leave by 16:00
Review Questions for Week 14
Review Questions for Week 14By Kratai and Goke
- What do these words mean?
- Give examples of preferences
- Choose 2 welcoming rules that you think are the most important and explain the reasons
- Give 2 questions for asking the guests' name appropriately
- Which words are stressed in these sentences? and practice with your partner
And if you could just sign here on the registration card?
And will you be using the garage?
- Read the conversation and identify what type the guest is
Receptionist: Good evening, how can I help you, Miss Watkins?
Miss Watkins: Good evening. It's nice to be back here.
Receptionist: Let me check your usual room.
Miss Watkins: Can I change to double room? I come with my friend today.
Receptionist: Sure, Ma'am.
- allocate (v) to give a guest a specific room
room rack (n) the computer screen or the board that shows which rooms are free
- smoking or non-smoking, inside or outside room, high or low floor
- -We choose Keep the reasonable distance and Smile when you greet the customer because if you get too close to the guests, they might feel uncomfortable. At the same time, if you are too far from them, it might be hard to communicate with each other. We also think that we should smile because first impression is important and smile can relax the guests.
- -What your name, please?
-Could I just have your name please?
- -just, sign, here, registration
- regular guest