- My mum had a knee operation. [have an operation = undergo surgery]
- I went to Khao Yai. It was fun. I went for a trip. The weather was very nice. cool/cold
- In the morning I rode a bicycle.
- I like travelling.
- job = occupation (formal)
- career: a job that you do for a long period of your life and that gives you the chance to move to a higher position and earn more money
- something I have to do: task
- Is there snow in England?
- I’m used to the Thai climate now.
- I’ve never been used to cold weather.
- I can’t stand it. = I really don’t it.
How are you doing? Ask and answer.
For our picnic, I’ll take … (a/an/some)
pronunciation: our = hour
- w = some warm clothes
- x = an x-ray
- y = a yoga mat
- z = a zebra doll
Self-study unit 5
Pronunciation: /r/ and /l/
Swim to safety
2. easy to get to.
3. have a lot of homework?
4. I’m busy with my daughter.