- Review Questions
- Arrivals (Continued)
- Excursion Planning
- Review Questions for next class
- How was your flight?
- Is this your first time visiting/in Thailand?
- Have you ever come/been here before?
- How was the weather when you left [your country]?
- Do you like the weather here compared to the weather in your country?
- Do you like hot weather like this?
- Is it hot like this in your country?
- There are lots of nice/interesting places to see in Bangkok.
- Welcome to the land of smiles.
- We will be arriving at your hotel at about 4pm.
- I heard that there are a lot of beautiful castles in Germany.
- Have you ever tried Thai food? Can you eat spicy food?
Closing the conversation
- Well, it was really nice to meet you.
- Well, it was very nice talking to you.
- Well, I hope you really enjoy our expo.
- Recommending things to do (be helpful)
- Asking questions (be interested)
- Prepared topics and sentences to use
- accommodation: Ammy, Oat, Kratai, Mhee
- trips and entertainment: Pak, Noon, Pe, Peara, Tangmo, Film, Kaimook, Miku, Champ, Goke, P, Pleng, Karn
- guides: Boss, Preaw, Fhun, Mink, Bell, Non
- Research interesting places to go/things to do/things to see. Present to class.
- Choose two days or one day, and choose a date.
- Accommodation team: research accommodation and get a quote.
Review Questions for Week 2
Review Questions for Week 2By Non, Preaw
- What does "encounter" mean?
- What word means "a rectangular case with a handle that you use for carrying clothes when you are travelling"?
- Give three examples of encounter rules.
- What is the difference between hospitality and welcome?
- Give five examples of fillers that you normally use in your daily life conversation.
- How do you pronounce "silhouette"?
- a meeting, especially one that is sudden and unexpected.
- Be prepared, Look the part, Smile, Be interested, Be helpful and Be yourself.
- Hospitality is a friendly and generous behavior towards guests while welcome is a greeting that is given to somebody when they arrive, especially a friendly one.
- Like, Kinda, Well, Umm, You know, Right?, So and I mean.