- Review Questions
- Car Hire
- Arriving and moving on
- The Meetings Game
- Tourism Personal Picture
- Report Writing (For accommodation and trips/entertainments teams)
- Excursion Planning
- Review Questions for next class: Pak and Tangmo
Comment + Question
Oh, really? ….
Vocabulary & Grammar Today
- future continuous: actions that take place as part of a routine. “How will you be paying?” (not “How will you pay?”)
Review Questions for Week 3
Review Questions for Week 3By Ammy, Noon, Miku
1. Can you give at least three examples of the ways of greeting and explain which situation people use them?
2. What is the difference between Wai for friends and Wai for people who are older than us?
3. Can you give examples of how to introduce someone?
4. When you met someone for the first time, how should you close a conversation?
5. What is the difference between “It’s nice to meet you” and “It was nice to meet you”?
6. From the speaking activity at Thailand Tourism Expo, what can you improve to make the conversation to be smooth and impressive?
- - Handshake: when they are acquainted with new people in a formal situation
- Bow: Japanese, Chinese and Korean do it to greet a person who they respect
- High five: when people do something successfully or have a same idea
- Embrace/ Hug : When they meet people who they have not seen for a long time
- Kiss : When they meet their boyfriends/ girlfriends. Parents kiss their children
- Backslap: People do it to encourage someone
- When we wai our friends, the thumbs will go below our chin while wai for older people, the thumbs will touch our nose and the forefingers will touch the forehead.
- This is….. /Have you met….? /I would like to introduce….
- - Well, it was really nice to meet you.
- Well, it was very nice to talk with you.
- Well, I hope you really enjoy your (explore/trip/day/ect.)
- We use “It is nice to meet you.” when we start a conversation while we use “It’ was nice to meet you.” when we want to end a conversation.
- - Don't forget to smile
- Prepare topics and sentences
- Recommend some nice places and foods